As of January 2004 Outdoor Discoveries has entered into a contract arrangement with the South Regional TAFE (SR TAFE) taking the role of the Registered Training Organisation. The 7 day course is called the Abseiling and Top Rope Climbing Guide Course (Single Pitch - Natural Surfaces).
You will be trained and assessed in nine units of competency and have the option to take part in a skills recognition process for another eight units from national training packages.
These units together with a current first aid qualification and a logbook of recent guiding experience will allow registration with the National Outdoor Leader Registration Scheme (NOLRS) run by the Outdoor Council of Australia (OCA).
Graduates of the course will receive a statement of attainment for the following units:
- SISXCAI306A Facilitate groups
- SISXEMR201A Respond to emergency situations
- SISXOHS101A Follow occupational health and safety policies
- SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities
- SISOODR302A Plan outdoor recreation activities
- SISOODR303A Guide outdoor recreation sessions
- SISOOPS201A Minimise environmental impact
- SISOOPS304A Plan for minimal environmental impact
- SISOOPS306A Interpret weather conditions in the field
- SISOVTR301A Perform vertical rescues
- SISOABN303A Apply single pitch abseiling skills on natural surfaces
- SISOABN202A Safeguard an abseiler using a single rope belay system
- SISOABN304A Establish ropes for single pitch abseiling on natural surfaces
- SISOABN305A Guide abseiling on single pitch natural surfaces
- SISOCLN303A Establish belays for climbing on natural surfaces
- SISOCLN302A Apply climbing skills on natural surfaces
- SISOCLN304A Guide top rope climbing activities on natural surfaces
The next courses are being planned for:
- 30th November to 6th December 2019 - Perth and surrounds
Cut off date for enrolment: Friday 8th November 2019.
The cost is $1,634.80. Further details here.
All enrolments take place through the South Regional TAFE (SR TAFE):
South Regional TAFE
Ph: (08) 9780 7262