Outdoor Discoveries meets the following government regulations. These regulations are primarily required by the Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) and the Department of Transport.
- Current business registration with the Department of Commerce
- Commercial Operators Permit Number HQ67280 from Department of
Environment and Conservation
- Hire and Drive Licence (Canoes) from the Department of
- Public Liability Insurance Cover to $20 million required to obtain above permits and licences
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
All programs with
schools (both local
and international) follow the Department of Education and Training Guidelines for outdoor activities within
the Excursions Policy.
In addition to the following, we are required to show that our staff have current accreditation for the roping and caving aspects of our programs.